How you can help:
Sponsorships & Donations
We currently offer the following sponsorship opportunities:
This covers the costs to mentor one young offender for an entire year
This covers our expenses to operate in all 4 prisons for 1 day.
This covers the travel expenses for a mentee to meet up with their mentor for up to 6 months after their release.
Every donation we receive helps to make a difference, however big or small the amount. You can support us in a number of ways:
To make a one-off or regular monthly donation, or to pay for sponsorship please click here to visit our JustGiving page
Or donate via text by texting ‘TRAILBLAZER 5‘ to 70085 to donate £5. This costs £5 + your standard rate msg. Alternatively, you can opt to give any whole amount up to £20.
Jobs and other post-release opportunities
When a mentee is released from prison, having a job to go to can often be critical to their future success.
A job, or paid apprenticeship, not only provides them with an income but also offers them that all important stability, routine and self-belief during a potentially chaotic time.
In addition to jobs, we’re also looking to support our mentees in other ways, by creating partnerships with other organisations who can help in areas such as housing, education, food, clothing and travel to and from interviews.
For more information on how your organisation can get involved, or if you believe you can help please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Become a mentor
Become a Trailblazers Mentor and make a real difference to a young person’s future!
We are continuously looking for talented and dedicated individuals to join our mentor programmes around the country.
Once selected, you will be provided with all the necessary training and support you’ll need before being carefully matched with a suitable mentee at a prison near you.
You will work with your mentee for an hour per week for 12 months (6 months before and 6 months after their release to support their reintegration into the community)
- increase the number of young offenders we work with in our existing establishments by 25%
- reach more young prisoners in different parts of the country by extending the number of projects from 4 to 8.
- do more for our mentees in the community once they are released by creating trusted partnerships with businesses and other charities that can provide better opportunities such as employment, housing, etc.
- increase the number and calibre of our volunteer mentors by creating a best-in-breed selection & application process
- raise more awareness about youth re-offending at governmental level and secure more funding to make a difference